The basic rules of korfball are simple, so
beginners can pick them up very quickly.
* The ball is similar to a football or a netball
* You score a goal by shooting through a basket 3.5m off the floor
* You can can't run with the ball, and can only shoot if you shake off your marker
* Teams are four men and four women, with half attacking and half defending
* Attackers and defenders swap roles after two goals
There are more complex rules too and, if you come to a session, we will happily explain. We assume no knowledge and will do our best to make you feel welcome.
Korfball is the world's only truly mixed-sex sport. It was invented in the Netherlands in 1903 and is now played by over 200,000 people in 65 countries.
A korfball team consists of four men and
four women. There are no set positions,
and everyone has to attack and defend. It
doesn't matter if you're tall or short -- all
that matters is that you can work with your
team to beat the opposition's defence.
and best korfball club